Wednesday, October 13, 2010


I have a great friend from high school named Nicole Baldwin, runs a photography studio in Utah. Last year, she asked me to create a business card for her. The above is what I like to call "the sampler". When I begin a project, clients will usually give me some general ideas of what they are envisioning. For example, Nicole knew she wanted to incorporate stars and a blue into her card. Being a photographer we also knew she had some artistic freedoms as far as the traditional biz type cards go (in other words we wanted to go more edgy).

So with the initial input I'll create the "sampler", in which I will intentionally try to vary the styles and layouts. Once a client can see a variety of work to choose from, it will significantly help us narrow down the specifics of what we like and don't like. From here a client will pick and choose from fonts, colors, pros and cons; all of which I will incorporate to help them create their perfect business card!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...